So it’s the Holidays and you want to do some quick crunchy dessert. Well, nothing’s better and yummier than some Christmas cookies 😀 !!
A few weeks from now, I found a recipe in a book and decided to try it. And as every time, I had to do it my way. So here’s the recipe for it.
• You will need:
– 160 g of unsalted butter
– 1 3/4 cup of all purpose flour
– 1 table spoon of icing sugar
– 1/2 cup of milk
– 1 tea spoon of vanilla
– 1 tea spoon of liqueur
– a bowl to mix
– a pan
– shaped cutters
•How to do it?:
– In the bowl, mix the butter, icing sugar, milk, vanilla, liqueur & add the flour one at the time until all the ingredients are well mixed.
– Once everything is mixed, do a ball out of the dough and wrap it in cling film, that you will then let it rest for 1 hr in the fridge.
– After 1 hr, take the dough out of the fridge, and roll it [I did it medium thin] on a floured space. Then cut the dough in whatever shape you’ve got [it could be hearts, stars, trees, ducks,..whatever shape you’ve got !!].
– Put the shaped dough on a pan that you already brushed with some butter [just like in the picture below/ I think you can go without the butter on the pan since the cookies are made with butter].
– And let it bake until the bottom is golden at 200°C.
– The cookies are ready, when bottom is golden. No need to freak out if surface is still white. That’s pretty normal.
• For decoration :
Once the cookies are cooled, you can decorate them as you like.
I sprinkled some icing sugar on top, and I even put some apricot jelly with shopped nuts on top.
• I made about 50 pieces out of this dough. All depends on how thick or thin the dough will be 😀 !!
You can serve them with tea or with ice cream !! Hope that you’ll try it.
Happy Holidays & Bon Appétit.